It's my basic belief being that the story is king (or queen if you prefer), so let's talk about our favorite female characters in science fiction!! This is my list, in no specific order!! Let's dive in to the who and the why!
1) Ellen Ripley from Alien--> She was a trailblazer, bad assed without having to be manly!
2) Princess Leia Organa from Star War--> Star Wars, I rest my case!
3) Major Samantha Carter from Stargate: SG1--> She combined her brains, physical abilities with her martial skills to accomplish the mission. I spent too long in the Army not to appreciate a dedication to the mission!
4) Abby Maitland from Primeval--> She let her mind do the talking, in the face of a crazy phenomenon that nobody understood. She stood face to face with DINOSAURS for crying out loud!
5) Kaylee Frye from Firefly--> An outstanding character, who while naïve and childlike, still managed to get shit done. Nobody you'd want as your mechanic if we ever get the spaceship built!