It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:45 am

Favorite Female Characters

Women in science fiction: the forum to talk about your favourite books by women writers. Love Becky Chambers? Tell us why? Can't get enough of Lois McMaster Bujold - what is it you like? We're here to celebrate them all.

Favorite Female Characters

Post by JR Handley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 am

It's my basic belief being that the story is king (or queen if you prefer), so let's talk about our favorite female characters in science fiction!! This is my list, in no specific order!! Let's dive in to the who and the why!

1) Ellen Ripley from Alien--> She was a trailblazer, bad assed without having to be manly!

2) Princess Leia Organa from Star War--> Star Wars, I rest my case!

3) Major Samantha Carter from Stargate: SG1--> She combined her brains, physical abilities with her martial skills to accomplish the mission. I spent too long in the Army not to appreciate a dedication to the mission!

4) Abby Maitland from Primeval--> She let her mind do the talking, in the face of a crazy phenomenon that nobody understood. She stood face to face with DINOSAURS for crying out loud!

5) Kaylee Frye from Firefly--> An outstanding character, who while naïve and childlike, still managed to get shit done. Nobody you'd want as your mechanic if we ever get the spaceship built!
JR Handley

~Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!
Chaplain Lieutenant Howell M. Forgy, USN

Return to Women in Science Fiction